[AMBER] rdf around atom

From: Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:18:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All

I have read papers reporting RDF calculations e.g. N-Cl which is RDF of Cl- ions around N atoms. In cpptraj I am using:

 radial rdf_Cl 0.1 10 :Cl- :1-339.N volume

I have following queries:

1) Is this making spherical shells, (n1 to n) depending on 'dr' chosen (here 0.1), around each N atom and finally averaging each shell coressponding to each N (average all n1 for all Ns, average of n2 for all Ns and so on....)?

2) Also does the spherical shell cross the original box as well? Which I think yes as I have some N atoms at one corner of the box so the rdf should cross the boundry.

3) Is there any function any one knows that helps for linear molecules. eg. if I use
radial rdf_Cl 0.1 10 :Cl- :1-339 volume (Note not considering N atoms in mask2)
then it will consider center of mass of 1-339 resdiues and make spherical shells around center of mass, which would not be a good representation. So is there something cylindrical distribution function in cpptraj?

thanks
Jiom