[AMBER] MMPBSA.py not generating specified frames for analysis

From: manikanthan bhavaraju <mhb75.msstate.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 22:34:44 -0400

Dear All,

I am trying to calculate the binding free energy of a ligand bound to a
membrane protein using mmpbsa.py script of Ambertools13. By using the last
10 ns of the equilibration, I would like to generate 500 snapshots for
GBSA calculations. The following is the mmpbsa.py input file:

GB
&general
  endframe=500, verbose=1,
/
&gb
  igb=5, saltcon=0.100,
/

However, cpptraj is only generation 400 frames as shown below:

Preparing trajectories for simulation...
400 frames were processed by cpptraj for use in calculation.

Running calculations on normal system...

Beginning GB calculations with /home/srg/mhb75/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
  calculating complex contribution...
  calculating receptor contribution...
  calculating ligand contribution...

And so on....

Hence, I tired to debug the problem and performed GBSA calcutions using
100, 200, 300, and 400 frames. All the calculations ran successfully.
However, when I tired to calculate binding free energy using 500 frames.
Again I am getting the result as shown above. I am not sure why cpptraj is
unable to generate 500 frames ?? Please let me know if anybody knows how
to fix it.

Thanks,

mani