Re: [AMBER] Help for system configuration

From: Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 06:39:24 +0200

Dr. Ross:
Sorry for using some confusing terms, actually I have lack of some
technical knowledge about hardware/system configurations. So, I was unable
to define what I actually need in term of system configurations. Simply, I
have to simulate about >100,000 atoms including solvent and I want at
least 15-20 ns/day computational speed and I am unable to decide which will
be the best configuration for this case. I went through the benchmark
output ( http://ambermd.org/gpus/Exxact_4GTX780_TestDrive_Machine.log) and
I found that there is no much computational gain if we use 2x, 3x gpu
machines. Therefore, please help assuming me as a non technical person.
Thanks