Re: [AMBER] Multiple vs Continuous MD opinion

From: Soumendranath Bhakat <bhakatsoumendranath.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:58:58 +0200

Okay say for example i have a ligand bound protein,we demonstrated
that a continuous md leads to an reasonable binding free energy close
to experiment or statistically siginificant trends. Also this
continuous md simulation leads to identify prominent motions related
to conformation. Now some people say running multiple md simulations
from an intial starting point with different random velocity and then
combining all trajectories will possibily cover more sampling space.
So for example a general protein ligand complex which will lead to
better overall sampling a long continuous sampling or multiple md
approach? Which technique will cover more sampling space if we go
for conformational analysis a multiple md or continuous md.

Thanks & Regards;
Soumendranath Bhakat