Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda segfaults

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 12:01:04 -0500

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 17:44 +0100, Jan-Philip Gehrcke wrote:
> Hello Pavel,
>
> I think that not many of us are building pmemd.cuda with Intel
> compilers.

FWIW, I always use this combination on my machine with a GTX 680 and an
AMD 6-core processor; mainly out of habit. I've never seen any
problems.

.Pavel: If you know how to use gdb/idb, you can add the "-g" flag to the
pmemd compiler defined in config.h (to add debugging symbols) and then
use idb/gdb to get the stack trace of the resulting core dump. That
should at least tell us where the segfault is occurring.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher