Re: [AMBER] Force field generation

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:59:24 -0500

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014, Gargi Borgohai wrote:

> I am trying to generate an .frcmod file for a particular urea model. For
> that model *angle force constant* (i.e. k for angle O-C-N ) value is found
> to be 690 kj/mol in the literature. But to fit in AMBER format the unit
> should be in kcal/mol/degree square. What are the conversion rules to
> obtain the AMBER format?

Both things above sound incorrect. Amber uses kcal/mol-radian^2 for its angle
force constants, and I suspect your literature value is really also in
kJ/mol-radian^2. But you need to also check for a factor of 2: Amber
treats the angle energy at k*(theta-theta0)^2. "Literature" values might
do that, or might treat the energy as (1/2)k(theta-theta0)^2.

...dac