Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py and entropy

From: Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:04:55 +0000

As far as I am aware there are still only two methods to compute the
entropy (your link doesn't say otherwise). The question is whether the
single trajectory approach is really appropriate given the
possible flexible nature of your system. Remember, that in the single
trajectory approach you assume that receptor and ligand have compatible
conformations just as you would obtain from separate simulations. In
fact, this may not be true and may have a tremendous effect on your
final binding energies. We played around with rather largish
systems and found that predicted relative binding energies would have
opposite signs (DOI: 10.1002/prot.24339). But then one might ask how
reliable results for a large protein-peptide complex really are...