Re: [AMBER] Question about force field parameters for RDX and PETN

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:40:19 +0100

Ganesh,

> Thank you for your responses. I was hoping not to construct a new set of
> parameters for RDX and PETN. But I guess that is what is required.

Yes ;-)

> I am more worried about the bonded terms especially the dihedrals and their
> transferability.

I would be worried by (i) the vdW parameters of N & O in NO2 and model
of charges and then (ii) develop new dihedral FF parameters - Yes -
using Wolf2Pack.

R.E.D. Server Dev. proposes new charge models; for instance for the
OPLS force field where RESP 2.4 has to be used:
see http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/popup/popkeyword.php
  & http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/resp/

> Francois, that article on nitroaromatics has various different charge
> schemes for different force fields. Some schemes seem unnecessary but I
> guess it was meant for comparison sakes.

oligo-nitro compounds -> like you; aromatic -> not like you

This paper shows you that GAFF associated with different model of
charges gives quite various results; the best results are obtained for
an unusual association...

regards, Francois