Re: [AMBER] distance and angle rst to zinc atoms

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:31:24 -0500

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014, Jorgen Simonsen wrote:

> Thanks you very much - I have been looking at chapter 6 for quite a while
> and earlier post but I am still quite puzzled how to make an angle
> restraint between three atoms?
> There are some very nice examples on distance and torsion/dihedral angles
> but I have not been able to find one for an angle between three atoms
> (A-B-C) - where would I find that?

Please see section 6.1 ("Distance, angle and torsional restraints"), and in
particular look at the iat description in section 6.1.1. If iat(4)=0
you get an angle constraint.

Set r1 -> r4 and rk2 and rk3 as you would for a distance term, except these
now refer to the minimum values and force constants for the angle.

There are some examples of angle restraints here:

   $AMBERHOME/test/rdc/RST.allang

...good luck....dac