Re: [AMBER] reg: the charges for methylated cytosine atoms

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:04:43 -0500

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 7:40 PM, satyanarayan rao <satyanar.usc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to amber md program.
> It would be a great help if some one can direct me where to find the
> charges for methylated cytosine atoms in latest version of amber force
> field ( or in earlier version).

A popular database of Amber charges and force field parameters is here:
http://www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber/

They don't seem to have methylated cytosine, so you may have to use a tool
like R.E.D. (q4md-forcefieldtools.org) to derive charges for you (the
parameters are probably already available in the standard Amber force
fields).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University