[AMBER] RE : Protein insertion into a membrane

From: ABEL Stephane 175950 <Stephane.ABEL.cea.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:41:40 +0000

Ok I understand.

"A lot" means 5, 10 or more simulations? CHARMM-GUI is relatively fast to construct a mixed bilayer and insert membrane proteins (say less than 1 hours/system) This is much faster than MD simulations ;). So you could write a flexible script than only reorder and rename the lipids whatever is your system. Be aware that after the membrane insertion, you will need to equilibrate your system, so I think it is worth a try. My $0.02

Stéphane

--------
Stéphane Abel, PhD
CEA Saclay DSV/IbItec-S/SB2SM & CNRS UMR 8221
Bat 528 Porte 11
Gif-sur-Yvette, F-91191 FRANCE
Phone (portable) : +33 6 49 37 70 60