[AMBER] Illegal CONECT record in pdb file after mutations

From: Xu Zhou <xzhou08.qub.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:07:09 +0000

Dear Amber users,

         I want to do MD simulations for a complex after mutated 9 residues of it. But when I tried to use tleap to process this mutated complex, an error occurred: it exited from tleap directly when I tried to define ‘comp‘ showing:

Illegal CONECT record in pdb file
Illegal CONECT record in pdb file
Illegal CONECT record in pdb file

/cm/shared/apps/amber11/exe/tleap: line 17: 14295 Segmentation fault $AMBERHOME/bin/teLeap -I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/prep -I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/lib -I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm -I$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/cmd $

     Then it exited directly.

     I never met such a situation before. It was quite a similar when I defined the intial complex to 'comp' through tleap, but it just showed Illegal CONECT record in pdb file and adding missing atoms, so I thought it wasn't a big problem.

     Besides, I have used other software to minimized the structure before MD,and I am using amber10. I would be very grateful if you can help me with it.

Best regards,
Xu