Re: [AMBER] AmberTools vs. Amber: Installation practice subject to different licenses - Solved.

From: Sternberg, Michael G. <sternberg.anl.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:36:54 +0000

Jason, all,

Thank you for the reminder - you are correct about point 3 in the license. From the lack of other responses I take it that this is not a pressing issue. I was asking because sensibilities were raised by the terms of several commercial vendors, both related and unrelated to materials modeling.

That said, on review, I noticed the -noamber configure option (new in AmberTools-12), and I was able to use that to indeed make two builds with minimal fuss from a single build script. Users will load one of two mutually exclusive environment modules to get access, each setting AMBERHOME appropriately, with the "amber" directory being group-restricted, and "ambertools" not.

With best regards,
Michael