Re: [AMBER] input preparation

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:50:50 -0500

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014, esther nehu wrote:

> Yes i am aware of it. I wanted to work on Amber Tools 13 and i was unable
> to follow it, so i started with Amber8. The tutorial for Amber Tools 13 is
> not given in the Amber website. I wanted to know if i can get a tutorial
> for Amber Tools 13, because it is so different from Amber 12 tutorial given
> in the homepage.

All the tutorials on the Amber web site are supposed to work with the latest
versions of the code. There may occasionally be glitches. The only place I
remember that ever used nucgen was tutorial B1, and that was changed (to
remove the nucgen dependence) several years ago. I'm not even sure where you
are getting the "Amber 8" tutorial from...are you willing to provide the URL?

[I see that tutorial B1 says "updated for Amber10 and AmberTools 1.2". I'll
get that fixed...it should say "and later versions"].

We do try to help on the mailing list. But for us to help, you need to help
as well: for example, by providing the command-line arguments for nucgen (as
requested in my last email), or by expanding on what you mean by "I was unable
to follow it" above.

...regards..dac