Re: [AMBER] stfcdiffusion error

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:32:36 -0700

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.

This message means that there were no atoms in mask between 1.0 and 6.0
Angstroms away from atoms in mask2. I think the likely cause is that your
atom mask for mask2 (:.O4*) is invalid; you should have received an error
message like "Error: empty token for ':'". Remove the residue ':' character
so you have:

.O4*

Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Diego de paula <diego.paula.s.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have simulated a surface that interacts with ions using the PMEMD code on
> AMBER12. I try to run the stfcdiffusion command with the proper flags
> (stfcdiffusion mask .I- mask2 :.O4* lower 1.0 upper 6.0 out diffusion.dat
> com) but I found the error "No atoms of mask 1 left for processing". I have
> used the unwrap command to correct the wrapped system. I think that the
> analysis fall down when no atom are found in the layer. Could someone
> explain me what is wrong?
>
> --
> Diego de Paula Santos
> Doutorando em Química
> Universidade Federal de Pernambuco
> Centro de Ciências Exatas e da Natureza
> Departamento de Química Fundamental
> Laboratório de Química Téorica e Computacional
> Contato: 2126-8440 ramal 5007

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah