Re: [AMBER] Antechamber Segmentation fault (core dumped)

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:03:21 +0100

Dear Arun Kumar Somavarapu,

> Thank you sir for nice explanation, I will try this method and get back
> to you.

We got your email at 'contact_at_q4md...' and we are going to adapt
the server for you; Sometime today: 225 atoms will be the new limit
for R.E.D. Server Dev.

First see:
   http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/faq.php#17 vs
   http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/faq.php#17

Yes, we can increase the max. number of atoms because the QM programs
interfaced by R.E.D. Server and R.E.D. Server Dev. can handle larger
numbers of atoms. That being said you will have to wait for the
geometry optimization step to be done; likely be time consummmming ;-)
Increasing this max. number of atoms is a never ending problem;
opening R.E.D. Server Dev. for 200 or 210 atoms; and what about 213
atoms as in your case?

Only if you use R.E.D. Server Dev./R.E.D. Python you will be able to
skip the time consuming geometry optimization step by setting OPT_Calc
= "Off1" in Configuration.py
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/Demo2-Files/Configuration.py
We have internally discussed several times about adding this option in
R.E.D. Python; we have decided to implement it because it can be
useful is some cases but personally I do not like this option.

  ---

All that being said I would like to underline that I suggest you to
use R.E.D. Server Dev. _AND_ the building block approach. I do not
like this whole molecule approach as used by many people with
Antechamber, where the conformation of the big molecule is often not
controlled; obviously the same apply with R.E.D. Server and R.E.D.
Server Dev...

regards, Francois