[AMBER] netcdf compilation error in Amber12 serial installation: Couldn't compile conftest.c

From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 19:25:59 -0500

Hi everyone,

I have already compiled amber12 in parallel using gnu. I tried compiling
with pgi suite.

After ./configure pgi

It gives me the error

Error: NetCDF configure returned 1
    NetCDF configure failed! Check the netcdf_config.log file

In the netcdf_config.log file the error is given as

checking if Fortran "real" is C "float"... configure: error: Could not
compile conftest.c

I searched the amber12 folder but couldn't find a conftest.c file. Could
you please give me some suggestions to overcome this error?

Thank you

Sajeewa Dewage