Re: [AMBER] Amber Tools v.13

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:00:44 -0500

> On Dec 9, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Silvestre <sliverv2.yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> Dear Amber Team,
>
> In the forth step of the Reference manual's installation the following error message appears:
>
> ERROR: AMBERHOME is expected to be but it is currently
> /home/carlota/Área de trabalho/Amber16/amber12/ This will cause problems!
> Configure failed due to the errors above!

Can you get rid of the spaces in the directory name? I will see if this is a problem and try to come up with a fix if it is. Also try to stick to ASCII characters, since several programming languages do not offer strong support for Unicode character sets.

Quite a few unix programs have trouble dealing with file names containing white space and non-ASCII, so you should typically avoid this in folder and file names.

> As suggested by the manual, I set the amber home to amber12, yet the same appears. I already tried creating others folders following all the steps again, but the problem persists.

It always helps to give the full commands you used as well as their output. There is frequently a difference between what you really did and what you thought you did.

> My Operational system is Ubuntu and I already have Gromacs installed.

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher