Re: [AMBER] Error in amber12 serial installation in file alltasks_setup.F90:352

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 08:14:14 -0500

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013, Sajeewa Pemasinghe wrote:

> I am installing amber12. My compiler is gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat
> 4.1.2-54).
>

> After "make serial" I get the error
>
> In file alltasks_setup.F90:352
>
> my_atm_cnt = natom ! uniprocessor value.
> 1
> Error: Symbol 'my_atm_cnt' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type

I think(?) this is related to the very old version of gcc/gfortran you are
using, although I'm kind of surprised that this particular error doesn't seem
to have been reported before.

Try this: cd to $AMBERHOME/src, and edit the Makefile to comment out lines
like this:

       cd pmemd.amoeba && $(MAKE) install

See if that fixes the problem. (Downside is that you will not be able to use
the Amoeba force field, which you might not need anyway.)

But it would be better for you to upgrade to a more current version of the
compilers.

...good luck...dac