[AMBER] pbsa: solvation radius from topology file not used when radiopt=0

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 18:38:43 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to make a simple electrostatic analysis of a molecular
system, so I am applying pbsa using inp=0 and radiopt=0 (no NP term and
use the solvation radii as contained in the topology file).

pbsa complains about a missing radius:

  SA Bomb in phi_aaradi(): No radius assigned for atom 7 2C

However, for atom 7 there is a GB radius set in the topology file:

$ echo 'printDetails .7' | parmed.py -n ../molecule.prmtop
Loaded Amber topology file ../molecule.prmtop

Reading input from STDIN...

The mask .7 matches 1 atoms:

    ATOM RES RESNAME NAME TYPE LJ Radius LJ Depth Mass
   Charge GB Radius GB Screen
       7 1 SER CB 2C 1.9080 0.1094 12.0100
   0.2596 1.7000 0.7200

> Done!

I used 'set default pbradii bondi' in leap when creating that topology
file. I am using AmberTools 13 with the latest patches for pbsa. The
whole pbsa input file is this:

&cntrl
inp=0,
/
&pb
npbopt=0,
radiopt=0,
npbverb=0,
space=1,
fillratio=1.0,
sasopt=2,
phiout=1,
phiform=2,
npbverb=1,
/

So, what is the issue here? Why is the given radius not used?

Thanks,

Jan-Philip

PS . Jason:
"parmed.py ../molecule.prmtop 'printDetails .7'" does not, which I did
not expect. In the help message the last argument is described as
"[<script>]". I read from this that <script> should be string containing
parmed commands. However, the latter is interpreted as path to a file.
But there is an additional option (-i FILE) for specifying a path to a
script file. So, are there currently two ways to specify a path to a
script file and no way to directly provide a command string?