Re: [AMBER] Fwd: gpu_download_partial_forces: download failed unspecified launch failure

From: Niel Henriksen <shireham.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:17:53 -0800

Ashutosh,

I tested the prmtop/coord files you sent me (offlist). I tried
pmemd.cuda.MPI on two GPUs and pmemd.cuda on a single GPU. I did not see
any errors for 50000 steps.

A few questions/comments:
- How long until you see the error? Is always immediately after you start
the simulation or does it take a while?
- What CUDA driver version are you using?
- FYI, the input file you included is constant pressure not constant volume
(ie, ntp=1)
- The GPU code in AMBER does not (yet) give good scaling across multiple
GPUs for systems of this size. On the GTX 680's I was using, I got 21
ns/day on one GPU and 26 ns/day on two GPUs. (I used larger values for
ntpr,ntwx,ntwr)

--Niel