Re: [AMBER] Res-Res energy shows different value with or without explicit solvent

From: kurisaki <kurisaki.ncube.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:12:09 +0900

>Note, "effective Born radius" has nothing to do with the surface area/nonpolar
calculation. It >is---qualitatively anyway---the average distance away from the
solvent (i.e., where the dielectric >constant switches from 1 to 80). It would
be worth familiarizing yourself with the general theory of >GB if this causes
confusion. The Amber manual offers a brief explanation with a number of
references >to look at for more detail.

Thank you for your suggestion.
I gave external dielectric constant value of 1, i.e., "extdiel = 1"
to also ignore electrostatic term in GB...

> Carlos

I'm sorry to forget show the column information with data.

     resid1 ->resid2 |internal |vdw |eel |pol |sas
With solvent
TDC 79-> 79 0.000 -1.567 -5.462 0.000 0.000

Without solvent
TDC 79-> 79 0.000 -1.346 -5.709 0.000 0.000

Sincerely yours,