Re: [AMBER] CUDA driver insufficient

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:26:17 -0800

Hi Wei,

This happens when the driver you have loaded does not match the version of
cuda, and importantly the cuda runtime library. I.e. NVIDIA has minimum
driver requirements for each version of CUDA. The 304 driver sounds
ancient to me. Not sure where you are finding that one from. I doubt it
works for anything beyond cuda 5.0 which is likely the source of your
problem.

Note AMBER also has a minimum requirement with the latest GPUs (700
series) of 319.60 (recommended) or 325.15 (which is actually older than
319.60). I have not tried the 331 branch which is brand new and completely
untested. Hopefully the fixes in the 319 and 325 trees got propogated into
the 331 tree but you will likely be the first person trying it.

Where did you see 304 being recommended? - I'll let NVIDIA know to fix
their website.

All the best
Ross