Re: [AMBER] CUDA driver insufficient

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:32:59 -0500

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM, wei zhang <zhangwee.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am try to compile AMBER12 on a Dell-Precision R5500n machine.
> It have a single tesla C2075 GPU.
> Everything seems OK untill "make test.cuda" retuned a bunch of errors
> indicating" CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version"
>
> I used the latest CUDA-5.5 toolkits, and the NVIDIA recommadered driver:
> Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver (version: 304.1160).
>
> Could anyone provide some hints? should I use a older CUDA?

No, you should use a later driver. There were issues with drivers before
325.15 for certain hardware, so there was a check put in to make sure that
was the version driver being used.

I believe the C2075 is fine with the 304.1160 drivers (maybe). If you
can't upgrade the driver for whatever reason, then you can always comment
out the driver version check in gpu.cpp and recompile (but I would suggest
trying to get the updated driver, first).

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher