Re: [AMBER] Problem with penta coordinated HEME-HIS

From: <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 02:36:14 +0530 (IST)

Hi Prof. Case,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I started an MD with a bond restraint between HEME
Fe and HIS NE2. However, this makes the groups rotate in a plane keeping the
distance same but angles are distorted. Is it a good option to impose angle
restraints as well to mimic the condition in CHARMM.
My goal is the overall conformational study of the protein and I am really not
interested in the electronic details of the HEME-HIS. All I want is to keep this
moiety unchanged.
Thanks a lot again.

Best Regards,
Moitrayee

> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013, moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in wrote:
>>
>> However, it seems that tleap has no function to add a new angle or
>> delete one.
>
> This is correct: tleap determines the angles from the bond list: two atoms
> bonded to a common third atom automatically generates an angle term. Amber
> apparently does not work in the same way that CHARMM does in this respect.
>
> ...regards...dac

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.