[AMBER] How to calculate charges for a beta peptide

From: Lalita Shaki <lalitashaky.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:05:58 +0100

I want to simulate a beta pepitde with an Amber force field and for
that I need to determine the partial charges of the beta aminoacids
that constitute my peptide and I am not sure which will be the better
way to do it. I could calculated the RESP charges for each aminoacid
using a helix and a strech conformation, which will be a lot of
calculations since I have at least 6 kind of aminoacids, or I could
calculated the charges for the hole molecule in the helix and strech
conformation. Does anyone which could be the bettere way of doing
this?

Thank you

--
Lalita S. Uribe.
Chemist. Universidad Nacional de Colombia