Re: [AMBER] about rms atomic fluctuation for protein crystal .thank you very much!

From: Pawel <pawelrc.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:12:50 -0400

Hi Aimee,

To get the scaling properly you need something like this:

A=40.000 #set this to the experimental value of your
supercell's a-vector
for frame in range(frames):
     a=celllen[frame,0] #get the a-vector of the current frame
     scale=a/A #scale factor (pressure scaling is isotropic in Amber
so your scale factor will be the same in all dimensions
     currMoveVector=MoveVector*scale # scale your MoveVector
     coords[frame,:,:]=coords[frame,:,:]-MoveVector

Try that and see what happens although if you are monitoring your volume
and it is not deviating by more than 0.3% or so from the experimental,
this should really not affect your B-factors all that much.

Besides that I'm really not sure what the reason could be. Possibly the
algorithm for fitting the unit cells (the least squares problem for
finding the correct origin that I mentioned in previous e-mail) could
have made a difference. Possibly your system is sampling an alternate
ensemble that is producing different B-factors.

Pawel