Re: [AMBER] huge values for the vibrational entropy from ptraj

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:53:11 +0100

Thanks Jason, Thanks Daniel,

I was indeed talking only about ptraj processing .. Simulation is run
already .. 150 ns = 50000 frames.

Of course, I understand that its only one matrix to diagonalize
regardless of the number of frames .. However, processing 8K frames
versus 40K frames does make a huge difference in ptraj. with 8K frames
my job was done ovenight (8-9 hours), whereas when I submitted the same
job with 40 K frames, after 2 days I was processing only about 25 % of
the frames. So, the bottleneck is not in the digonalization, but I guess
in the generation of the matrix ...

I will switch to cpptraj ... I used ptraj initially just because
MMPBSA.py does it ..

Best,
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine