Re: [AMBER] DNA with NAB

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:50:25 -0400

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013, Jio M wrote:

> program_11.nab spline.nab
> ./a.out

The program_11 requires an input file; if you just do the above, it will just
hang waiting for it.

> Also where I should define the new path points to wrap my DNA and the
> sequence for the same. I saw one file toto.dat in nab examples and I
> tried to visualize it and it looks like a spiral thing. Is this file an
> example for some program in nab?

You can use this file, e.g. a.out < toto.dat, but I think that tot.dat is
actually the output from some earlier run. You can try to define various
paths (x,y,z on each line of an input file), and see what you get.

Unfortunately, time has degraded some of the NAB examples--now they are more
templates for ideas about how to write NAB programs than they are useful
scripts per se. That said, I'm trying to get them updated to a more useable
form.

...regards...dave case