Re: [AMBER] RED-VIII.52 Problem--cannot find scratch file and punch file

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:04:30 +0200

Dear Dongshan,

The problem is that the scratch directory is defined in the rungms
script; and the scratch directory on a cluster has to be potentially
unique for each job (to avoid to cross temporary files among different
jobs); so we decided to generate a unique rungms by PBS job...

- First we created a generic 'rungms.RED-Server' script that contains
a generic ZZZZZZ scratch directory:
The PBS script will replace ZZZZZZ by a specific name using its
internal variable ($PBS_JOBID):

# set SCR=/scr/$USER
# set USERSCR=~$USER/scr
# set GMSPATH=/u1/mike/gamess
set SCR=/tmp/ZZZZZZ
set USERSCR=/tmp/ZZZZZZ
set GMSPATH=/usr/local/gamess

- Then R.E.D. III.52 can automatically search for a 'rungms.info' file
(see below); 'rungms.info' contains the name of the rungms$X file to
be called by R.E.D...:

# To use R.E.D./GAMESS on a UNIX cluster using a PBS script to handle
multiple copies of the rungms$X script
if (-e "$pathgamessus/rungms.info"){
    open(INFO,"< $pathgamessus/rungms.info");
    foreach(<INFO>){ $temprungms=$_; }
    close(INFO);
    chomp($temprungms);
    chomp($rungms=`which $temprungms`);
}
else { chomp($rungms=`which rungms`); }

- Finally attached a part of our PBS script (csh shell) used on R.E.D.
Server...

if you find a more easy way - I am very much interested in ;-)

regards, Francois