Re: [AMBER] RED-VIII.52 Problem--cannot find scratch file and punch file

From: Dongshan Wei <dswei0523.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 20:50:33 +0800

Dear Francois,

I used the following PBS script to submit a job on the cluster to do the
geometry optimization and create the .log file:

#!/bin/bash
#PBS -q tiny16core
#PBS -l walltime=2:00:00
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=16
#PBS -N gms-16

echo $PBS_O_WORKDIR
#module load intel/12.1.5
#module load mkl/12.1.5
#module load mvapich2/1.8
#module load gamess/5.1.2012

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
#cat $PBS_NODEFILE
#NP=$(wc -l < $PBS_NODEFILE)

/share/apps/gamess/rungms mel-gam 01 1 16 > mel-gam.log

I can finish this step and get the .log file normally.

While for the RED charge fitting, I did through a PBS job in a queuing
system or through an interactive job on the login node. but both of these
ways failed. For the interactive running on the login node, I used "perl
RED-vIII.52.pl" and for the pbs script, the last line in the above file
changed to "perl RED-vIII.52.pl".

Best!

Dongshan