Re: [AMBER] RED-VIII.52 Problem--cannot find scratch file and punch file

From: Dongshan Wei <dswei0523.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 23:37:10 +0800

Dear Francois,

I'm still having questions about the execution of RED-III.52. When I
execute the command "perl RED-vIII.5.pl", I got the same question with the
following link: http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/popup/bugs-III.4.txt

"Problem: The scratch path defined in the "rungms" script of the GAMESS-US
program is not found by R.E.D.-III.4 if an environment variable such as
$USER is used in the path. For instance the /tmp/$USER path is not found
even if the corresponding directory does exist (environment $USER variable
points to "bill"), while /tmp/bill is found. This leads to the following
error message: "

So RED-III.52 doesn't update the bug? I want to go back to use RED-III.4,
but it seems the RESP web doesn't offer the download for RESP-III.4 tools.
Is it true?

Best!

Dongshan