Re: [AMBER] RED-VIII.52 Problem--cannot find scratch file and punch file

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:35:43 +0200

Dear Dongshan,

Do you use the PBS queuing system?

At R.E.D. Server we do use PBS (Torque/Maui):
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/faq.php#8
We also use the same gamess version...

# set SCR=/scr/$USER
# set USERSCR=~$USER/scr
# set GMSPATH=/u1/mike/gamess
set SCR=/tmp/ZZZZZZ
set USERSCR=/tmp/ZZZZZZ
set GMSPATH=/usr/local/gamess

We use the same direction for SCR and GMSPATH; R.E.D. will move the
punch file from the scratch directory to the working directory to
extract the MEP...

and the PBS script modify rungms to create a unique & temporary
scratch directory by job:
see and example:
set SCR=/tmp/R.E.D.IV-4379.master0.q4md-forcefieldtools.org
set USERSCR=/tmp/R.E.D.IV-4379.master0.q4md-forcefieldtools.org
set GMSPATH=/usr/local/gamess

  ---

the definition of the punch file is done in the script gms-files.csh
setenv INPUT $SCR/$JOB.F05
setenv PUNCH $USERSCR/$JOB.dat
setenv AOINTS $SCR/$JOB.F08
setenv MOINTS $SCR/$JOB.F09