Re: [AMBER] histidine_residue

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:09:22 -0400

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Concha, Monica
<Monica.Concha.ars.usda.gov>wrote:

> Hello Shomesankar Bhunia,
>
> Please how did you fix it?

HD1 is a proton on the delta-Nitrogen of the Histidine. HIE is the
epsilon-protonated residue (HIS is interpreted as HIE by tleap). HID is
the delta-protonated residue. HIP is the double-protonated histidine
residue.

If you know the Histidine is protonated in the delta position, change the
residue name of that histidine to HID in the PDB file. (Or HIP if it is
doubly-protonated).

You can also get rid of all Hydrogen atoms (reduce -Trim your.pdb >
your_noh.pdb) and let tleap add hydrogens for you (although if you want the
proton on the delta position, as you might, you have to change the residue
name in the PDB as described above).

Good luck,
Jason

> Monica C. Concha