[AMBER] Fwd: Re: R.E.D. double bond revisit

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:10:02 +0200

Henry,

I continue my email - about:
"finally if one wants to use of a mol2 file to display the double and
triple bonds of a molecule in a graphical program the corresponding
information has obviously to be present in the file; R.E.D. generates
mol2 files, which are used as FF libraries; in this case the goal is
slightly different..."

I would like to underline that the LEaP program itself is 'FF
oriented'; xLEaP is not just another graphical program; xLEaP is a FF
oriented graphical program. Thus when using VMD/insightII/many other
graphical programs you can load a mol2 file with identical atom names
in a given residue, while xLEaP does not accept that two atoms share
the same name in a given residue...because in a FF library two atoms
in a given residue cannot share the same name.

Following the same principle the different versions of R.E.D. are FF
oriented and only information, which are required to construct a FF
library (a FF for R.E.D. Python) are printed in the mol2 file (or in
the mol3 file (See
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php for R.E.D.
Python).

regards, Francois