[AMBER] [q4md-fft] a question about double bond in R.E.D

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:04:52 +0100

Dear Albert,

> I found that there is a problem in the output of my R.E.D program:
> there is no double in the mol2 file..... Since we may not assign the
> bond type in the PDB file, and I am wondering how can we deal with this
> problem?

A single, double or triple bond is only an empirical view. So, a
single, double or triple bond does not exist and is represented by a
different constant in a force field.

So far, we assigned force field atom types using a LEaP script: you
can find many examples in R.E.DD.B.
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-87/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-87/script1.ff

http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-46/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-46/script1.ff

for instance:
# tripos8.mol2
set BNZ name "BNZ"
# head & tail not needed since whole molecule
# connect0 & connect1 not needed since whole molecule
set BNZ.1 restype solvent
set BNZ.1 name "BNZ"
# set FF atom types
set BNZ.1.C1 type CA