Re: [AMBER] How do I use MMPBSA.py for namd .dcd file?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:31:44 -0400

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM, sudipta <sudipta.mml.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I have sent all the related files for running the MMPBSA.py.MPI program to
> you. Please take a look on those whenever you are free. Also let me know if
> you need any further information from my side.

The problem was in the Python parsing of the chamber topology files. I've
fixed the issue and the update is now available. If you run the following
commands:

cd $AMBERHOME && ./configure gnu
make -C AmberTools/src/parmed install

That should update your installation (the modified 'make' command will
install _just_ the ParmEd files -- if more than just update.18 are applied
to your installation you should just run "make install" to build
everything).

HTH,
Jason

Best
> sudipta
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > A couple more comments:
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM, sudipta <sudipta.mml.gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > [snip]
> > >

> > > Do I need to use ante-MMPBSA.py program for generating the .prmtop
> file
> > > for running MMPBSA.py.MPI program. If so how do I use that? Is there
> any
> > > significant difference between AMBERtools12 and AMBERtools13 for
> running
> > > MMPBSA.py.MPI program
> >

> > No, ante-MMPBSA.py is never necessary if you create all of the needed
> > topology files in the beginning, prior to running any calculations (as is
> > recommended practice). ante-MMPBSA.py is particularly useful when you
> > decide to do MM/PBSA calculations on a system after creating the topology
> > file and you don't happen to have the files you need to create them
> through
> > tleap.
> >
> > However, ante-MMPBSA.py does _not_ work with chamber-generated topology
> > files, so that's not even an option in your case. As for the 12 vs. 13
> > difference, AmberTools 13 has more bug fixes and more stable PBSA options
> > than AmberTools 12 in terms of the default solvation radii for the
> > non-polar solvation free energy part of the calculation.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Jason
> >
> > --
> > Jason M. Swails