Re: [AMBER] How do I use MMPBSA.py for namd .dcd file?

From: sudipta <sudipta.mml.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 10:46:44 -0400

Hi Jason,

I am facing some difficulty to run amber12 where the .prmtop and .inpcrd
files were generated using chamber. Strangely, I don't see any box
information in the inpcrd file and the errors are related with that. Do I
need that information for running sander.MPI. If so, how do I include that.
I tried to add that manually but it doesn't work. These are the control
parameters during that time

 &cntrl
  imin = 0,
  irest = 1,
  ntx = 5,
  ntt = 3,
  temp0 = 300.0,
  gamma_ln = 2.0,
  ntp = 1,
  taup = 2.0,
  ntb = 2,
  ntc = 2,
  ntf = 2,
  nstlim = 1000,
  ntwe = 100, ntwx = 100, ntpr = 200,
/

The error in log file looks like
| Flags: MPI
 getting new box info from bottom of inpcrd
| INFO: Old style inpcrd file read

| peek_ewald_inpcrd: Box info not found in inpcrd

Another thing, the sander.MPI works for for minimization. the cntrl
parameters are given below for minimization

  &cntrl
  imin = 1,
  maxcyc = 500,
  ncyc = 250,
  ntb = 0,
  igb = 0,
  cut = 12
 /

Finally, my main aim is to use MMPBSA.py.MPI for the chamber generated
.prmtop file and namd generated .dcd file. I converted the .dcd file to
.mdcrd file and use that file for that calculation but it doesn't work at
all.

Please help me out in this regard. How do I solve this issue.

Best
Sudipta