Re: [AMBER] How do I use MMPBSA.py for namd .dcd file?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:14:37 -0600

Hi,

I think MMPBSA.py should be able to handle DCD files since it uses
cpptraj as a back-end for trajectory processing, and cpptraj handles
DCD/PSF files just fine (MMPBSA experts correct me if I'm wrong). You
should be able to convert your PSF to an Amber topology with the
'chamber' program.

-Dan

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 8:45 AM, sudipta <sudipta.mml.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to use MMPBSA.py script for calculating the free energy of binding
> between protein and ligand. However, I generated the trajectory of my
> system using NAMD program and CHARMM force field. Therefore, I have only
> .psf, .dcd and charmm parammeter files. Is there any way to use MMPBSA.py
> program for this trajectory.
>
> Moreover, are there any ambertools that convert .psf to .prmtop file?
>
> thanks in advance
> Sudipta

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry