Re: [AMBER] Question: MM/PBSA and MM/GBSA

From: Hiromasa WATANABE <hi-watanabe.hpc.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:06:36 +0900

Dear Dr. Ray,

To do same calculation as the paper J. Phys. Chem. B 117, 8408 (2013),
in my thoughts, its values seems to be different from the default ones of MM_PBSA program.

Here's a summary of information of the paper:

In both MM/GBSA and MM/PBSA:
* SASA based on LCPO algorithm is used for nonpolar desolvation free energy (dG_SA).
     dG_SA = 0.0072 x dSASA

* Interior dielectric constant (solute) is 1, 2 or 4.
   Exterior dielectric constant (solvent) is 80.

In MM/GBSA:
* Onufrievs' modified GB is used for polar desolvation free energy (dG_GB).

In MM/PBSA:
* Tan & Luo radii is used for polar desolvation free energy (dG_PB).

Therefore, I set,
   INDI=1.0, EXDI=80.0 in both MM/GBSA and MM/PBSA.
   IGB=2 in MM/GBSA.
   RADIOPT=1, INP=2 in MM/PBSA.

Q1.
According to the explanation of "MS" in AMBER manual,
to use LCPO, MS=0 and GB=1 for MM/GBSA,
but I don't know that for MM/PBSA.
Does MS=0 and PB=1 work fine?

Q2.
In the above paper, dG_SA = 0.0072 x dSASA.
So, according to the explanation of "INP" in AMBER manual,
should I set SURFTEN=0.0072, SURFOFF=0.0 in both MM/GBSA and MM/PBSA ?

Q3.
Do I need any other settings?

Best regards,
WATANABE

--
HPCシステムズ株式会社 ( http://www.hpc.co.jp/ )
HPC事業部 技術グループ 渡邊 啓正 <hi-watanabe.hpc.co.jp>