[AMBER] Amber Tools cpptraj woes

From: Geoffrey Gray <gmgray2.mail.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 14:42:54 -0400

Hello, I am currently performing analysis of MD runs from Amber using the
AmberTools 13 suite and am running into problems using the cpptraj program.
I have looked through the documentation and test scripts to no avail.
Strangely, when I use ptraj the scripts work. I had wanted to use some of
the features available solely to cpptraj (spec. Jcoupling). Here are some
examples

Script
###########################

# Analyzes atomic fluctuations
#

parm peptide3.prmtop
trajin temp-300_dev2.vmd.mdcrd

atomicfluct :TYR mass out tyr-flx.dat

quit

When I run

$AMBERHOME/bin/ptraj peptide3.prmtop -i fluct.in

the analysis works, but when I run

$AMBERHOME/bin/cpptraj peptide3.prmtop -i fluct.in

the output from the job is the same, but the data files specified in the
script (spec. try-flx.dat) is not writted. Thank you for your help and if
you need more information I am happy to provide it.

Geoffrey Gray