Re: [AMBER] update_amber script confuses Amber versions

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 16:25:15 -0400

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013, Jason Swails wrote:

> > I've been trying to apply bugfixes to Amber11 (running on a 64-bit Linux
> > machine / Fedora 17), and the update_amber script insists that we have
> > Amber12. I'm positive that we don't have Amber12, yet the version number
> > reported back to me when I type "update_amber --version" at a bash prompt
> > is "Amber 12.01". Unless someone broke into our lab and surreptitiously
> > installed Amber12 on our machines here (and for free, no less!), I'm pretty
> > sure the update_amber script is mistaken. Has anyone else run into this
> > phenomenon?
> >

> The only way you could have an update_amber script in your Amber 11
> directory is either by ....

Let me add just one other possibility: you don't have an update_amber script
in your amber11 directory, but you *do* have an update_amber script in your
path (somehow). So, be sure that your $AMBERHOME environment variable points
to a directory tree headed by "amber11"; look in the $AMBERHOME directory to
see if there is really an update_amber script there. As Jason already pointed
out, it would require some unusual combination of events for that to happen,
since the update_amber script is a fairly recent addition.

....dac