Re: [AMBER] problem in installing AmberTools13

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 08:11:17 -0400

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM, Vijay Manickam Achari
<vjrajamany.yahoo.com>wrote:

> Yes sir. I have tried many times. I even restarted my server several times.
> But in avail.
>
> Is there any other method to do?

This may have meant a temporary issue with the Amber server (it's up now,
but I'm not sure if there were issues at the time when you tried updating).
 It could also be a very slow connection. You can also try lengthening the
amount of time that update_amber will wait for a response with the
--timeout flag. So perhaps something like this:

./update_amber --timeout 20 --update

This increases the waiting time from 10 seconds (default) to 20 seconds.

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher