Re: [AMBER] Hydroxylysine Parameters

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:11:12 -0400

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013, Chris Forman wrote:

> how does one go about creating
> parameters for a residue, which will then be part of a peptide
> sequence? I can create parameters using GAFF for a complete small
> molecule, but the residue I need should contain unterminated groups, in
> the same way that the residues already included in AMBERTOOLS are,

Detailed instructions for antechamber are here:

   http://ambermd.org/antechamber/pro4.html

Since you already have charges, you only need to do step 6: in short, create a
"mainchain" file, then feed that, plus the .ac, .prepi or .mol2 file for the
capped model compound, to the prepgen program.

Unfortunately, this information somehow never made it into the AmberTools
manual. [Developers: (a) the prepgen part of the manual should be expanded;
(b) the page above should, simplified and updated, should be made into a
tutorial.]

....hope this helps...dac