Re: [AMBER] how to check for errors in a topology library file created with saveOff

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:09:01 +0200

Dear Jose,

> There's something going on. I get different 'prmtop' files whether I use
> the 'mol2' file or the 'off' file that I derived from the 'mol2' file:

oh oh something wrong - better understanding what's is going on ;-)

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol2.php
The command (you used):
me8t8=loadmol2 me8t8_Qneutral.mol2
seems correct, but I would use a three character 'variable'; I guess
this 'variable' should match the residue name in the PDB file
(macrostructure).

Then see http://ambermd.org/doc6/html/AMBER-sh-5.9.html#sh-5.9.43
I wonder if the command (you used):
me8t8=loadoff me8t8.lib
is correct; instead you could try:
loadoff me8t8.lib
edit XXX # 'XXX is written in the off file and I guess this variable
should match the residue name in the PDB file (macrostructure)
-> See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php
# load the three force field libraries for the NALA, ALA and CALA
fragments in the Amber OFF file format
loadoff NALA.off
loadoff ALA.off
loadoff CALA.off

  ---

I have no idea if this is the answer to your problem; I like x/tLEaP -
but for sure from what I learned if you use x/tLEaP using the
'non-standard' (what does it mean?) way you get side effects such as
these you observed...

If it does not help - I would be glad to look at your data (if you
agree to share them) to understand what is going on... If so - just
send a compressed/archive file to my personal email address. An
external eye can help to detect a non-standard use of LEaP or to find
just another bug.

regards, Francois