Re: [AMBER] DMPC GAFF lipid membrane is freezing at 303 K.

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:42:25 -0700

Hi Subbarao,

A couple of things.

1) Can you confirm which version of AMBER you are using to run these
simulations and if it is fully patched. In particular if you are using the
GPU version make sure it is patched to at least v12.3 (bug fix.18) since
there were a number of bugs discovered related to pressure control in
lipid simulations - especially in cases where the initial box size changes
considerably. This bug appeared if the box shrunk too much and if it did
would create a feedback loop leading to the box shrinking further giving
you a gel phase.

2) I just checked the parameters from the website you list and they appear
to have not been properly updated.

Specifically the frcmod file appears to still have the incorrect H mass
(and thus H vow params) included:

g3 12.010 0.878 same as c3
hl 1.088 0.135 same as hc

I am cc'ing Callum here who can verify for you what the new parameters
should be and where to download them from. Callum can you also make sure
the manchester website is updated please.

All the best
Ross