Re: [AMBER] Problem with xLeap : Segmentation fault (core dumped)

From: HIMANSHU JOSHI <himanshuphy87.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:58:15 +0530

Thanks Dac,

I also encounter it with the same combination only. (edit window + remove
command )
So I can remove the residue and then open the edit window, it works well.
But the option erase in edit window, as far as I know, can delete
individual atoms, so if we have a residue with 30 -40 atom, its too time
consuming
to delete the entire residue.

If there is way to delete whole residue with "erase" in edit window, kindly
refer to that.
Thanks for the help.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013, HIMANSHU JOSHI wrote:
>
> > I am trying to remove some residues from a structure in xLeap with the
> > following command
> > remove p p.1
> > where p is the name of unit,
> >
> > But after doing this, as I click to the graphical window of xLeap, xLeap
> > immediately crashes with the message* Segmentation fault (core dumped). *
>
> OK: I can reproduce the problem with remove in xleap on Ubuntu 12.04.
> Things
> seem fine on (some) other platforms.
>
> I don't know that the problem or the fix is. For now, use the "erase"
> button in the edit window; *or* don't have the edit window open when you
> use the remove command -- for me it is the combination of having the edit
> window open and issuing a remove command on the cli that triggers the
> failure.
>
> ...thanks for the report.
>
> ...dac

*With Regards,
HIMANSHU JOSHI
Graduate Scholar, Center for Condense Matter Theory
Department of Physics IISc.,Bangalore India 560012*