Re: [AMBER] Problem with Amber tutorial A.15

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:17:33 -0700

On Aug 14, 2013, at 8:59 AM, Moacyr Comar <mcomjr.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dr. David, thank you for the answer.
>
> The command line used is:
>
> $MPI_HOME/mpirun -np 4 $AMBERHOME/exe/sander.MPI -O -i min.in -o min.out -o
> box.top -c box.crd -r min.rst -ref box.crd

What error message did you get? My guess is that mpirun is in $MPI_HOME/bin, not $MPI_HOME. That is if you even have the $MPI_HOME environment variable set.

There are so many possible places that the error can come up that we cannot hope to narrow it down to a single cause with the information we have.

Dan's suggestion to run in serial first is a good one, and is typically a good first step when debugging a problem.

HTH,