Re: [AMBER] Magnesium charges using leaprc.ff99SB - metals move away

From: Sorensen, Jesper <jesorensen.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:50:28 +0000

Premalatha,

This could be an effect of magnesium ions being problematic for fixed charge atom force fields. This issue was discussed in a fairly recent paper on alternative magnesium atom models, particularly when two magnesium are close to each other, see:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmb.2006.10.095

I would also recommend you take a look at this recent paper discussing new magnesium parameters:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct400177g

Best,
Jesper