Re: [AMBER] Magnesium charges using leaprc.ff99SB - metals move away

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:20:54 -0400

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013, Mallipeddi, Premalatha wrote:

> I am having trouble with Magnesium charges. It seems the charge
> of Magnesium is considered as zero

What exactly causes you to think this? leaprc.ff99SB loads ions94.lib, which
in turn defines the charge of the "MG" atom in the "MG2" residue to be 2.0.

You can use the "desc" command in tleap to examine properties of every atom,
or use ParmEd (or other tools) to examine what is in the prmtop files
that LEaP creates.

When I run your example, the result of "charge receptor" is this:

Total unperturbed charge: 4.000000
Total perturbed charge: 4.000000

So I don't see anything wrong.

....dac